Friday, June 15, 2018

Work observation (1 of 2): Staff meal perk.

So, my one job at the resthome is minimum wage, but we get a staff  meal (usually something cheap like salads or bologna or pasta, or this really really good chicken salad with cut-up bits of celery and pickles in it, all over and above some of the soup that the residents get).

I've stopped bringing in dinner, then, and I just eat a ton of that, and sometimes if there's some left over I take it home in my tupperware, too, which I've started bringing in for that purpose.

You know, since I get at least one meal and maybe another meal or snack out of it, I bet that it saves me at least $60 a month in grocery bills.

I've noticed I don't go through as quickly my snacks at home or my big pot of "dinner for the week" that I cook up, too, and I can put off shopping from once a week to maybe once every 10-12 days.

No comments: