Monday, February 19, 2018

Further signs of a decaying economy?

The other Thursday after I got out of my one home health care job, I popped into a local bar a few blocks up from my one client's home, for a drink and to do a crossword.

When I got there, a trivia night was dispersing, and I started chit-chatting with the (affable) (middle-aged) (white) (gay) (male) bartender, who said he was tired and his back hurt, but there was still hours to go, unfortunately.

"I got here and we were slammed," he was like.  "It was the busiest night I've seen in a long time."

I asked him about that, and he said it was just randomly busy.

I then pressed him a bit further, and he said that business wasn't bad per se, but that for the like the past year or so people were starting to go to different bars based on who had a special, just so they could save a dollar or two.

"It didn't used to be like that," he was like.

No comments: