Sunday, February 25, 2018

A story of the subway (1 of 2): Bad breath.

The other week when I was on the subway going into work, this (middle-aged) (slim) (bearded) (kind of homeless-looking) (black) guy sat down next to me, in one of the few open seats on the train.

And then, for like the next ten minutes, every once in a while I'd catch this awful smell, a strong musty mixture of cigarettes and like teeth rotting, just for a brief every second now and then as the train was moving and the small wind that was blowing a bit inside the car blew that smell in my direction.

It started making me sick, so after a few stops, I casually got up and moved over to a different part of the car, to get away from that smell.

I try not to react to homeless people like that, but the smell honestly was making me sick.

Later, I saw that same guy looking at me very casually, and I think he knew that I moved off to another part of the car somehow because of him.

No comments: