Saturday, January 6, 2018

An odd bar encounter.

The other Monday the other week going home from tutoring, I took the bus south from my one job, where it'd be a bit of a hike over to my neighborhood from where I got off, but doable, and so I decided to do this to hit up a "new" bar at this one intersection.

(It was actually an older bar I had been to before, but it had flipped ownership and names, and so I had to go to it again.)

So, I go in and I go sit down at the bar, and over to my left is this (young) (balding) (redheaded) guy with a ponytail pulled back, and he was shaking his left knee nervously.

He talked rapidly and with low affect, and had awkward social cues.

He said he was surprised that this part of the city was so safe, since it doesn't look safe on the news.

I then talked around a bit, and he was down from a northern suburb for the second time in two days, since he had gotten really drunk at the bar the night before and left his bag there.

"It's less busy today," he was like.

He then said that he had been attending a massage parlor near there called [name removed] that had closed up and that there was this one (Asian) woman named [name removed] who worked there who was nice and beautiful, and so he was going around looking for her.

He also said he was a dishwasher, and that he had been banned from establishments in his town where he lived for posting Facebook comments on different public organizations' pages about some female police inspector.

. . .

The whole thing gave me the creeps.  I hope that woman went somewhere where she can't be found, and that female police inspector knows what the fuck's up and keeps herself safe.

No comments: