Thursday, January 4, 2018

A dream of being late (1 of 2): Calling off morning work.

The other week I had been up late working, so the next morning instead of working a full day at my library shelving job, I decided to call in and shift my starting time back to noon, so I could get some sleep.

(They're a cool job like that, and are fine with it.)

But, I got up at 7:35am and the one guy I could call into wouldn't be there till like 8am, so I decided to half snooze until I could call in.

Then, I dreamt -

I called in.

Then, I snoozed a bit more, and I wasn't sure I had called in, so I picked up and checked and the phone said I had called in but I didn't think I had, so I called in, and my boss who's a very nice guy yelled at me a bit asking me why I was calling in to cancel multiple times.

. . .

Then, I woke up.  I wasn't sure if I had called in or not, so I checked the phone.  No outgoing call, so I realized that everything had been a dream, so I called in to cancel and then went back to bed.

Later when I was actually at work, I told my boss who's a very nice guy about the dream and him yelling at me, and he laughed at it.

No comments: