Sunday, December 24, 2017

Threatening behavior on the subway.

The other week I was on the subway during the middle of the day, maybe a bit before noon, and this (cleancut) (very dark-skinned) (young) (black) guy was sitting across from me for much of the ride, me on one side of the car in the middle of the car, and him on the other side of the car in the middle of the car..

About three stops before where I was going, I noticed he's sprawled out just a little bit, and he has a cigarette lit up, and he's just holding it out there and the smoke's getting everyone's attention, and every once in a while he takes a puff.

I looked out of the corner of my eye, and he knew he was imposing on everyone, and it was almost like he wanted someone to challenge him.

Very very odd behavior, very very threatening behavior.  Sometimes that shit happens late at night in major (black) areas, but never in the area where we were, or so early in the day.

You could tell other people were looking at him out of the corner of their eyes, too.

I got up very nonchalantly, stood by a door, and then at the next stop hopped out onto the platform and went into the next car and sat down there.

No comments: