Thursday, September 21, 2017

Odd morning commute obstacle.

The other day before going in to work at my school's library, I wheeled my bike out from the back enclosed porch, and around the house and over the sidewalk and over the mini-lawn onto the street, and then I hopped on it in order to go south, after saying "Good morning" to a(n older) (husky) (bearded) (white) guy who just happened to be walking by then.

But, from the construction site just south of me where they had demolished some houses and are now building some new houses, there was a van double-parked on the one side of the street, and two guys hauling this thin, like thirty foot board across the street, one towards like one end, and the other towards the other end, though the board was remarkably stiff and really didn't sag all that much, as it stretched across the entire street and just kept blocking it and blocking it and blocking it.

So, since they were walking slow and the board kept stretching across the entire street, I actually just turned around and headed north, to go around another way to my job.

"Never expected that obstacle on my morning commute!", I said to the guy who I had said "Good morning" to, as I biked by.

No comments: