Sunday, September 17, 2017

My mother's stories of books (1 of 2): Popularity.

The other weekend, I was chit-chatting with my mother on the phone.

She's been back at work at the local library in my hometown even though she's retired, since one of the workers got cancer, and she's been filling in for her.

When we were talking about the general state of the economy, I was mentioning how the internet gutted a lot of professions, like how call centers and coding got shipped abroad, and how many legal services have gotten automated where you just use a program to write wills and whatnot.

"That's our most popular book at the library," my mom was like.  "It's about how to write up your own divorce papers."

Then, she paused.

Then, she was like, "Actually, it's two books, one for dependents, one for without."

No comments: