Monday, September 18, 2017

My mother's stories of books (2 of 2): Serendipity.

During that same conversation, my mom was saying how the reference librarian had hopped online when she was there to get a nutrition book for her coworker with cancer, since she had been wanting it, and since it wouldn't really interfere with her treatments, but was more like palliative care and would just make her feel better and like she was doing something.

"Then we look down into the book donation box," my mom was like, "And right on top there's a new copy of that book, isn't that freaky?".

"I guess so," I was like.

"But you never get nutrition books in the book donation box, the rest of it was all like suspense novels!  And it was new, too, and sitting right on top."

I right away wondered if the reference librarian hopped back online to cancel her order, but my mom never said, and we got to talking about other stuff.

No comments: