Sunday, August 27, 2017

Observations of a British 10 year-old.

So, my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend's two (British) god-children are in town, along with their (British) mom, and I met them all the other day at an outdoor concert picnic that his (half British) (half Sudanese) sister also came to.

It's their first time in the U.S., for all of them.

The older god-child is now a teenager (thirteen) and thus uninterested in everything except tormenting his sister, though he did say it's funny to be around all the accents.

His sister is ten, and was telling me all the funny spellings that she's been noticing.

"'Litre' is spelled L - I - T - E - R!", she was like.

"Where'd you notice that?", her mom asked.

"On the toilet!", she was like.  "It said, 'Three liter capacity'."

Since the older brother was sulky, I kept daring the ten year old to tell him that it's an American custom to go play in traffic.

The mom overheard this and asked me if I had kids.

I said "No," and then right away me and my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend were like, "Yes!", and then he finished the joke and was like, "- but they all died in traffic."

No comments: