Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Jobs are so weird nowadays...

So, my two part-time jobs that had seemed like good deals may not be at all.

Both had seemed good, but both are now getting a bit cage-y with how many hours I'm getting, and with the one I've been waiting to get assigned to clients forever, so I'm not making any money there, and it's not clear when I'll even start making any money.

On top of that, my school out-of-nowhere revoked the ability of students to continue their library jobs for one term past graduation, and that was what I was depending on for like three-and-a-half months, to get me through this uncertainty with 2 part-time jobs!

So, I'm going to start budgeting the only way I can:

I'll go to a food pantry, the very week that my diploma is mailed.

You'll be damn sure that I'm going to take a selfie, with my diploma, and with my bag of food pantry food.

I did write my writing job people, to see if I could continue on past graduation, but even that won't be resolved till my library job is up because they too wait till the last minute to schedule you, so it still makes sense to go to a food pantry, so I can save and hold on to a bit more money, just in case.

In any case, effectively, I'm going to dial back my provisional availability for my tutoring job, to make space for my possible writing job, and then let my still-in-a-holding-pattern elder care job know that that day is taken up with my writing job, if they don't schedule anything by the middle of next month.

What nonsense.

I have three jobs, but no job at the same time.

No comments: