Sunday, August 20, 2017

Anecdotes of an (English) acquaintance (1 of 2): His high school days.

So, I know an (English) guy from a friend who I did my masters with back in the day.

When she was having a party, he was there, and for some reason he started talking about going to high school, back in England.

He said his gym teacher was really fervent, and would make everyone run laps a ton.

So, since the track would go just out of sight, him and a friend used to wait till they were out of sight, and then go behind a little grassy dip and smoke some pot.

One day, his gym teacher confronted him.

"How many laps did you run?!", the guy was like.

"Eleven," my one (English) acquaintance was like.

"That's too many, that's impossible!!!", he was like.

"Okay, four," my one (English) acquaintance was like.

"Only four?!", the guy was like.

"Seven, seven!", my one (English) acquaintance was like.

And, the gym teacher accepted that answer, and left him alone.

No comments: