Thursday, August 24, 2017

Ugh, bed bugs.

So, it was going on 7 weeks from when I got bed bugs again, and that's around the point where the life cycle gets broken.

So, on a Friday and a Saturday, I got lazy and didn't spray down my room with rubbing alcohol at night before I went to bed (I figured they were gone, and I'm just tired of the work).

Then, on Saturday into Sunday, I had a restless hot night and my sheet ended up being extended between the floor and the bed, when I woke up.

And, like 4-5 bites emerged that morning as I had my coffee.

There must have been bed bugs on the floor, and they crawled up and got me, using the sheet since I had the legs effectively blocked off as a route of ingress.

I also found one dropping in my sheets, when I did my "wet your finger and try to smear it" test.

I just hate these fuckers.  So much time, and so hard to get rid of, and the welts are so big and I scratch them and have really ugly scabs for weeks.

I really hope they're not with the neighbors upstairs.  If they're just with me, I probably almost got them, but if they're upstairs, that's another layer of complexity, unless I can find an actual bug and then set in motion the city ordinance req to have my landlord hire an exterminator.

I really resent how they have more people living upstairs, and they let others use the laundry room...

If I didn't pick them up in the city, my hunch is that their doing all of that brought them in.

No comments: