Saturday, August 19, 2017

A dream of my bedroom (2 of 2): Staircase.

The other week I dreamt -

I'm lying in bed, and as I slowly come to, there's a man hanging out of the open staircase that's in the corner of my room, and that's partially blocked off by two-by-fours and goes up to the upstairs apartment.

He's very round yet somewhat tall and has dark clothing and maybe a fedora, and he's just leaning over through the boards and watching me, and I'm just waking up and I can see him out of the corner of my eye, and I can't really see his face, and I'm disturbed that he was there watching me while I was sleeping.

Then, that disturbing feeling makes me wake up.

. . .

(In real life, the staircase to the upstairs apartment passes over to the left of my bed where I lay my head down.  It's entirely covered, though, and is just this diagonal jut covered over with smooth and nicely painted white drywall; I'm thinking I maybe heard someone go upstairs in my sleep, and it provoked that dream.)

No comments: