Sunday, August 13, 2017

Convo with my mother (2 of 2): Can't blame the boomers.

Later, I was saying that I had been reading up on the Heaven's Gate cult.

"That guy had weird eyes," she was like.

So, I told her that a number of people had also observed that.

Then, she asked how old they were.

"I think around your age," I was like, then I was like, "Wait, let me look," and I picked up and flipped through the book, since I had it right in front of me.

"Oh wait," I was like, "They were actually born in twenty-seven and thirty-four."

"That's ten and fifteen years older than me!", my mom was like.

"Sorry, my mistake, I thought they were your generation," I was like.

Then, I was like, "I guess that's one thing you can't blame the Boomers for, they didn't go and start the Heaven's Gate UFO cult."

"True," my mom was like.  "Though, people say we did everything else, and they'd be right."

. . .

(Like a lot of my friends, sometimes I bitch about the world that the Baby Boomers left us.)

No comments: