Saturday, August 12, 2017

Convo with my mother (1 of 2): Something else.

The other week I was talking with my mom on the phone, and it was something else.

First, she was like, "Hello, [name of my brother's dog]," when she picked up the phone.

(My parents are taking care of the dog, and I think my mom was interacting with the dog when she went to go pick up the phone, and though she always knows who's calling since the name of the caller flashes across the TV screen because of some device they have, somehow her signals must have gotten crossed)

Later, I mentioned that the interviewer at my 3rd-round job interview was from Columbia.

"I'm not sure I like that," she was like.

I asked her why, and she said because it sounded like a money-laundering front where they run drugs.

"Columbia like the school, Mom," I was like, "Not like the country."

"Oh," she was like, and laughed.

"Have you been drinking?", I was like.

"No," she was like, "But I wish I was."

No comments: