Thursday, June 1, 2017

My eyes playing tricks with a Haagen Dazs sorbet cup.

The other week after dinner with friends, I popped through the local drugstore for some sorbet to soothe my stomach.

After the checkout, I threw the sorbet cup on top of the styrofoam takeout tray I was carrying home upright in my hands, which I had wanted to do so I wouldn't have to use a plastic bag (yes, I'm that environmentally neurotic).

Anyhow, though I thought that the raspberries on top of the Haagen Dazs lid were pink, when I was out by my door getting the key out, I looked at the cup and they were all dark and black, and I thought to myself, "Wow, that's interesting, usually raspberries are shown all bright pink color like a pink raspberry slurpee, but these almost are really dark like boysenberries."

Then, inside, I set the container and the sorbet cup down, and next time I looked at it, the raspberries on the cup were pink.

Maybe there was something with the dark or some light filter out by my back door, to make them look a different color?

No comments: