Saturday, May 6, 2017

Horrible heartburn.

The other month a friend was in town for a big tradeshow, and so I met her and her stylist coworkers downtown to hang out and go to dinner and whatnot.

When I first got to my friend's hotel, she was still curling her hair, so she invited me up, and all the women were drinking screwdrivers pregaming before dinner, and she had one in a take-out coffee cup with a plastic sippy-top.

So, she finished her hair, then we went out and hung out outside and passed the coffee cup back and forth and chatted and caught up, until her coworkers headed down and we could all go out to dinner.

At dinner, then, I had a few bites of stuff (I had already eaten), including some really delicious fried eggplant.

Then, that night at like 3:30am, I sat bolt up in bed with horrendous heartburn, and I couldn't really fall asleep until 6:30am.

I had completely forgotten that orange juice and especially orange juice combined with fatty food gives me horrible heartburn.

I had discovered that as a kid with orange juice and bacon, but I never drink orange juice, so I had completely forgotten about it till the screwdrivers and fried eggplant fucked me over.

No comments: