Thursday, February 4, 2016

Unexpectedly rewarding bar mistake!:

The other week, I was new barhopping in the city's restaurant district, and the last bar of the night was this expensive cocktailed hipster bar, and like always, I browsed the menu, but went for the beer.

After a sample of a beer I didn't like, though, as I continued browsing the menu, I saw that they had a selection of drinks called "nightcaps", which I really liked, since I often say that my last drink of the night is a nightcap, sometimes saying that at repeated "last" new bars so that bartenders will humor my booziness and sell me something, though that expensive cocktailed hipster bar was really my planned last bar of the night.

Furthermore, the drinks were really boozy, and only like $2.

So, I asked the bartender about one whose description caught my eye, and after she said it was very herbal, I was sold and got it.

As it turns out, it was very herby and had a floating plaintain chip, and I loved it.

But, when I got the bill, it was actually $13.

That "2" by the list was actually the page number, and the drinks didn't have a clearly listed price.

Fucking hipsters.

No comments: