Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bar job updates, again:

1) Pretty much all the servers are on a continuous group conversation using this one smartphone app that I downloaded, under the group name "[CHAIN BAR NAME] THUGS".

It's kind of fun.

2) I forgot, New Year's Eve the Moroccan was in as a customer with a few other workers, and after midnight when he saw me and hugged me to wish me a happy near year, he went in for a deep neck kiss.

3) The (young) (black) (male) bartender who had gotten fired from a bunch of other jobs and tried to sell me coke when we went out as a group after one training day, stormed off the job the other week for no reason early on a pretty dead shift.

It's unclear whether he was edgy from being on something, or tired of a slow restaurant where no-one makes money.

Though, the few times I've been in, they've been busy, so maybe it was some drugs he was on?

On that note, a (recent college grad) (Latina) coworker who I text with and convinced me to download the group chat app said that she's surprised how many people there do drugs beyond pot.

No comments: