Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thinking long-term...

I've been thinking more and more 2 things:

1) My dissertation doesn't have to be a scholarly book, but could maybe go as a substantive "pop" piece...

I started looking into what it takes to turn a dissertation into a book with a scholarly press, and with that much effort, you might as well shoot bigger and get a bigger audience (including scholars who aren't put off by a publishing name and take ideas seriously).

2) I want to maximize time and headspace for research, which doesn't nec. mean that I'll teach...

I'm almost thinking that a research-focused post-doc would be the best bet, perhaps followed by a quiet library circ job, if I had time to work sometimes while I made money, and if the overall salary was good enough.

We'll see if I can finish a total draft this summer, and begin revising...

It'd be great if I could graduate next year and be done with this phase of my life.

No comments: