Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Random conversation with heavy metal fans pre-gaming.

So, the other Saturday I was out hitting up new bars, and used the bikeshare to go from one place to another.

When I hit some major construction and then paused to re-rack and re-set the time on the bike, I was right next to a parking lot by the elevated subway tracks, and there were a bunch of cars parked there with people at the back of a few of them, including some (white) (younger ) (men) right on the other side of the fence from me hanging out and drinking big things of beer.

As I'm there on the other side of the fence re-racking my bike, one drunken guy drops his beer, and it falls on the sidewalk and starts oozing out beer towards me across the slant, and he does nothing.

"Do you want me to get that for you?", I was like.

"Thanks, man," the drunken guy was like, "But I'm fine."

"Oh, no need to apologize," I was like, "I'm just a fan of pre-gaming, so I'm glad to help you out."

"It's all cool," he was like, and then all of a sudden he pointed to the beer can oozing out all the beer.

"FOR THE FALLEN!", he shouted, laughing and turning towards his friends as he tried to be funny.

I then asked them what concert they were going to, and another guy said it was heavy metal and named the couple bands appearing, one of which I recognized.

"It's great," he was like, "You come out and want to kill someone."

"I guess that's cool," I was like. "I guess if you have to do that, target billionaires?".

That made him pause for a beat, but then he was like, "Yeah, totally," and we then exchanged a few words about how the mega-rich have rigged rules to squeeze everyone else dry, and he was totally on board with that, and then I hopped on my bikeshare and headed off.

No comments: