Thursday, January 14, 2016

Reminder to self:

I need to avoid eating my typical snacks of apples and oranges on rough mornings.
 
The other morning, I had worked a full day at the library the previous day, then hit the gym for weightlifting and went out for (multiple) drinks with an art school colleague to discuss unionization, only to get home after midnight and eat and get to bed after one, and then not get a full night’s rest because of the noisy kids upstairs, who were up and about from seven through past eight in the morning.

So, that morning was a bit rough, but I had breakfast with extra coffee, did some cleaning at home, and biked in to work another full day at the library.

After a couple hours working, I went to get a new pull list, and so I had an apple and an orange as snacks while I was down in the office area.

After a bit shelving on the new floor, though, I started getting queasy, what with the stuffy air and me getting up and down a lot to shelve books.

All of a sudden, I started erping and needing to go the bathroom, so I went and took a nice big shit.

Then, I went back to pull books some more.

Then, after me getting up and down a lot in that stuffy air some more, I started erping again, and more heavily, almost like I needed to vomit, and so I stopped working and quickly walked to the restroom in the stacks, only to see this one (elderly) (male) (Japanese) librarian who I see sometimes but have never talked to, in a pale yellow sweater and shelving books right outside the restroom door where I had hoped to kneel by the toilet and start hacking loudly and maybe vomit.
 
So, I headed around to the bathroom by the reading area.

There, the bathroom was empty, so I knelt down and erped a few times, nothing coming up.

Then, one gasp of air, and I leaned over and this pulp of orange and apple just poured out of my mouth, and it tasted like a warm citrus fruit salad, with only a hint of tang from bile around the edges, just barely.

After that, I tried shelving books some more but didn’t feel too well, so I went down and talked with my supervisor and ended up going home for the day.

I can’t entirely figure out why I didn’t feel well all of a sudden, since I had already been working a couple hours.

As far as I can figure, it must have been the change in air and getting that fruit on my stomach on a rough morning when I was groggy and had a bit too much strong coffee.

No comments: