Saturday, January 16, 2016

Developments at my Bar Job (1 of 4): Customers.

So, at my new bar job, I had some fun customers for my first shift being a server in over a decade, which happened to be a double on Christmas Eve:

1)      This younger (hispanic) guy and his mom, for a late lunch after Christmas shopping… I had told them to be kind to me since they were my first table in over a decade, and they left a $10 tip with note saying “10 dollars for 10 years of good luck” or the like.

2)      With this one (older) (black) lady, her son, her granddaughter, and the granddaughter’s 2 kids, also in for a late lunch after Christmas shopping, I got the 2 women to get half-price brightly-colored fruity martinis, and then I tried to get them to get seconds.
 
“All the goodness half the price, what’s not to like about that?”, I said, and the (older) (black) lady liked that.

. . .

Also, although she wasn’t technically my customer, one other customer at the bar was this (older) (hispanic) lady in a silver sequined Santa hit, who got loaded on half-price martinis.

I complimented her on the hat, and we chit-chatted in between my customers.

The restaurant was overstaffed and I was cut early since I was one of the people working a double, but I only got one table on the second half of my shift, which brought my wages down to just below minimum wage, I think, though all my tips were over 20%. 

Oh well, that will get worked out in the future, I bet, to where there's less people and I start getting like $15 an hour at least for every shift, when you average it out.

No comments: