Sunday, December 20, 2015

Conversation with my 2nd floor neighbor.

So, I had borrowed a hairdryer from the other 2nd floor tenant in order to put that plastic shrinkwrap up on my windows to save heat during the winter, and since she was home when I went to go return the hairdryer, I ended up asking to see her apt. layout and hanging out standing in her apt. kitchen just standing there and chit-chatting a bit.

Oddly, her bathroom is divided into two, with each half directly to either side of her apt.'s main entrance door, the toilet and sink through a door immediately to the left and the shower/tub through a door immediately to the right.

(You have to go up a little step, too, when you enter each of her bathrooms.)

"This building is so old and all the apartments are so weird," she was like.  "I mean, seriously, what's up with that?".

She's like (mid-30s) (white) (a bit round) and has long (brown) hair and works retail in a bookstore and has for years, and is originally from New Orleans and originally came up here post-Katrina, she said.

She also had all this take-out food all out all over her counter, and she said she just loves to come home after work and eat take-out food and sit around.

"Look at this," she was like, poking a plastic tray of Chinese with a chicken wing sitting out on top.  "I can get four meals out of this."

She also said that she partied so much growing up in New Orleans, that she's really just a Grandma already.

We also talked about the couple with the kids who live above me.

"I can hear them screaming a lot," she was like.  "It's like 'Please, I can't even.'"

She also said that she thinks that they let the kids run around and scream on the landing sometimes, and that the little boy likes to stomp up and down the stairs yelling "Fire, fire!".

She also also said that a while ago, the dad of the couple stopped through to say that they had cigarette smoke in their apartment and were wondering if it was her because it was bothering their kids.

"I was like, 'Hell yes it's me, it was too damn cold out and I don't feel like freezing my ass off to go have a cigarette, so I had one f*cking cigarette in my own f*cking kitchen, what are you going to do, sue me?'".

I then told her how they didn't lift a finger to fight bedbugs, even though their young son was getting bit up with itchy welts.

"They're weird," she was like.

"They're evangelical," I was like.

"Ok, I can see that," she was like.  "That explains a lot."

Because she seems fun and did mention that she goes out every now and then, I decided to mention hanging out in the neighborhood or ideally going clubbing some banging bar night so she could just let it all hang out.

"I'm going out [name of the Eve of the next major holiday], you know the club [name of my favorite trashy club]...", I was like - and immediately she interrupted me.

"Oh yeah, I used to live in that neighborhood and go there all the time!  Whenever I'd go, bad stuff would happen, a friend would throw up, you'd wake up in somebody else's bed...", she was like.

No comments: