Monday, November 16, 2015

Catching up with my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend.

A few weeks ago I popped in to visit my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend to see how apartment renovations were going and have a late dinner and catch up.

When I explained at length how the art school was retaliating against me organizing over working conditions, he was like, "These people, they think that they can just throw you away like an empty chip packet."

He also told me about one anthropology class he's teaching, where to make a point about culture he gave the students an assortment of candies from gum to taffies to chocolates and asked students to categorize and rank them.

A surprising amount of students looked at the calories listing, and arranged them from most to least fattening.

No comments: