Friday, October 16, 2015

Laundromat happenings...

...b/c I'm there a lot due to the bedbugs:

1) I had convinced my downstairs dudebro stoner neighbor to wash his stuff and begin bedbug proofing his room at a very basic level, and me and him happened to end up in the laundromat at the same time.

I was speaking shitty Spanish with the (Mexican) woman working there, and all of a sudden my downstairs dudebro stoner neighbor just totally starts whipping out the Spanish, and having a fast and meaningful conversation with her.

As it turns out, he's originally from Los Angeles.

I think he got her when he asked her how many kids she had, and when she said "five", he was like, "And how many husbands?".

2) One evening when I was putting my laundry in, my heart leapt b/c a speck fell out onto the white enamel top of the washer, and it was the size of an apple seed, which is the size of a bed bug.

As it turns out, it was an apple seed.

3) The other evening, I was in there, and the one (Mexican) woman I originally became friends with was unhusking a pomegranate into a plastic bowl, and when I came back to get the stuff out of the drier towards the end of the night, she was sitting at the folding table with this big bowl of seeds in front of her, and was slowly eating them.

No comments: