Thursday, September 3, 2015

3 interactions with my one stoner neighbor:

1) "Hey dude, did you see that chem trails?", he says to me as I step out of the apartment and find him outside, looking up into the sky.

He then explains that some military jets leave exhaust that hangs in the sky and settles downward over time, and that people on the internet claim that the army is testing chemical warfare agents over urban areas.

"Of course, I'm not sure if that's true, bro," he was like, "Since it's an internet conspiracy theory."

. . .

2) Biking back from somewhere, I round the corner onto my street, and he's talking there with a (young) (black) (female) postal lady who's trying to load her van.

So, I pull up my bike, and all formal like, I'm like, "Excuse me ma'am, is this man bothering you?", and immediately, she reacts all straightforwardly and naturally with a bright and open face and is like, "No, he's great!"

. . .

3)  One other day I'm talking with him outside the building (which is where I usually run into him), and he tells me that he didn't know that the back top apartment was empty, otherwise he'd climb up and sit out on the fire escape more.

"You can do that?", I was like, and then I was like, "You do that?".

"Yeah, man," he was like, and he then explained that the fire escape ends in the backyard, and that you can climb up it.

(I guess I had never noticed that; I don't spend too much time out in the backyard.)

He then pointed out the fire escape that he was talking about, which extended on the side of the building across the entire 3rd floor, both back and front apartments.

"Dang," I was like, "But don't you bother the people up front?  They got kids and aren't up late."

"Bro, it's not like I'm up there screaming," he was like.

No comments: