Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Like a kid again: Class cancellation.

That same day at the meeting at the art school, someone suddenly came in and said that if you had anything in one of the other main buildings on campus you should go there *now* since a water main had broken and no-one would be let in after 6:30pm until who knows when.

Night classes in that building were cancelled, and then that evening an all-school email went out cancelling that building's classes the next day, which included my freshman writing class.

With my 3 9am classes every week, I was stoked, and stayed out for beers.

It really was like I was a kid again and it was a snow day!

And it's funny to think that I ride my students' asses to have everything down to a T, when just like them I'm excited when classes don't happen.

No comments: