Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Storm at my parents’ house.

A few weeks ago a major storm hit near my parents’ house and downed not only a lot of trees, but also the odd flagpole at the point that a weird guy from downstate with a summer place had put up last year (he bought this piece of land that you can't build on and everyone would always swim to and use, then he put up a flagpole and "No Trespassing" signs, like a big weird "fuck you" to everyone else).

When I had been there over Labor Day, me and my mom went to a neighbor’s 60th birthday party, for  our neighbor the judge’s husband, who along with my dad really really hates that flagpole.

So, I told him that my original plan was to swim over the night before and put up boxer shorts on the flagpole as a birthday present, but my parents had discouraged me b/c I’d get in trouble with the law.

Then, after the storm, it turns out that our neighbor the judge's husband was over at the house when my mom was on the phone telling me about how bad the wind damage was, and how it had even downed the flagpole.

“Tell [our neighbor the judge's husband's first name] that God sent him a belated birthday present!”, I told my mom.


“I will,” she was like.

No comments: