Monday, September 29, 2014

Inherited compulsiveness: Lists.

When I visited my hometown over Labor Day, my mom and I walked some trails, and we even picked up trash along them, which she’s done for years now.
When we got home, she then showed me a list she kept on the side of the fridge, marking how many bags of trash she’d picked up over the years and during what season.
So, when I got back to the city, I started up a retroactive list of the trash I’d picked up from the local quarry park, since I knew I had pulled out like 6 bags on earlier trips (I’m up to 14 now).

Overall in terms of lists, that now makes lists of new bars in city limits, lists of books I read for recreation, lists of movies I watch on the big-screen, lists of live classical music performances, and lists of live operas I've attended.

No comments: