Saturday, July 19, 2014

Texts from friends (1 of 2): Bar decision.

I recently came to the decision that my weekly "new bar" quota is going to be 5 bars, rather than 10.

First, it's getting harder and harder to find bars, so it's a much more time-consuming endeavor, because you really have to think in advance and there's never more than like 2-3 in one place anymore.

Second, that means I'm getting closer to my goal (=having a drink at all the bars in the city), so I can slow down without pushing my goal way off into the future or even falling behind, insofar as bar openings don't outpace 5 a week, which I highly doubt they do.

Third, I'm going to have a busy year coming up, so I'd have to set a new pace some time.

Fourth, I wouldn't mind having time for other things, like films and beaches and hanging out with friends or even re-visiting bars I know I like, all of which I've had to sacrifice to some degree for over 3 years now (though it's been worth it).

Fifth, I'm like 3-4 pounds overweight, and it's stubborn, so it's a plus to not to have that many more calories a week in my diet.

Anyhow, I texted my decision to several friends, and my one (Puerto Rican) friend replied -

Old age is a bitch

Everyone's been saying that!

No comments: