Monday, July 21, 2014

Got a new computer.

Like a week ago I got a new computer.

The deciding factor was that patches of my old computer's upper keyboard had stopped working.

Between that, the fact that I'd need a new power cord (again), and that every like 3-4 months it'd short out of nowhere, I decided it was time.

I had cleared minimum specs with my mom's techie former co-worker like over a year ago, and my one techie friend said not only to look at Dells since in his work experience with clients they rarely had problems, but also to go to Office Max or Depot since they have good prices, so between all of that the purchasing process just flowed:

At the most convenient Officemax location, they only had 2 Dell models, and I gravitated to 1 that met the minimum specs that I knew I needed!

Still, I got a printout on it, then ran that by the 2 techie people I knew, and went back the next day and bought it.

Then, right after I got it, I took it to school to get the installation of Microsoft Office by the tech people there.

I was *astounded* at how stress-free the process was, since technology usually stresses me out so much, especially the buying process, where you feel like the storespeople either drown you in detail or try to oversell you.

Plus, I got the best laptop bag ever, this heavy-duty but nice-looking black backpack from Kenneth Cole that is carry-on size, unzips so you don't have to take out your laptop in security, and has so many convenient compartments and pockets for other stuff that it's unbelievable.

The rest of the day I got all that shit I was crowing to everyone I knew at school about how cool my new laptop and laptop bag were.

"Look at me," I'd then say after bragging, pointing to this weird big forced smile I'd put on.  "I'm a happy consumer.  I love things."

No comments: