Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Woman at a busstop.



During the very cold weather recently, I was waiting for a bus to take me to the nearby subway stop, and this one (early 40s) (black) woman had her shoulders huddled up against the cold and no hat on and we started talking about public transportation, and she told me how the other week when it had been cold too there was this younger (white) couple and a random car pulled up and they were going north and they offered her a ride.

“That’s nice,” I was like.  “Did you take it?”

“Hell no,” she was like, “I watch the news, people go missing, I don’t have time for that.” 

Tben, she added, “You think I’m that stupid?  I don’t have time for that, they could have gotten me and drove me off and done something, hell, I’m just trying to go to work, I don't have time for that.”

Then, I asked her what the driver looked like and she said she didn’t get a good look at him, but his voice sounded old, but she still didn’t want to risk it.

I then asked her what the young couple were like, and she was like, “I could’ve taken her and fucked her up, but him, that’s a problem.”

. . .

No comments: