Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Non-pareils (sp.?).

Back in January, I was craving fatty foods a lot, sometimes ice cream, sometimes chocolate.

One night I got home late and had a craving, so I popped into the liquor store near my house to see if they had a candy bar.

As it turns out, they really don't stock candy bars, though they had a few random candies and stuff in a cardboard box lid on the counter, and among them was a box of non-pareils (sp.?).

The incredibly heavy-set Puerto Rican-American woman who owns the store was a bit chatty, and started talking about how when she was a kid in the city her parents would take her and her siblings to this Roy Rogers movie theater that isn't there anymore, and they'd always get a box of non-pareils (sp.?).

I then shared that when I was a kid, my parents used to bring a box of them home for me and my brother, whenever they got a babysitter and went to the movies without us.

No comments: