Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bugs (4 of 4): Another bug in a dream.

Later I was in the living room of my childhood home talking with my parents, and I see a large black grasshopper like thing to the right of the cabinet on which the television sits, and I go in more closely to look, and it's a roach.

Somehow, I go to consult my parents (who aren't in the room then, oddly, though I don't notice it), and my father confirms that it's a roach, and says that some have lived in the upper story ever since we built the house, that they had taken refuge there before the house was closed in, and that that's typical and they're hard to get rid of.  He then told me to note where the roach went if I saw it leave somewhere.

Back in the living room, there's now a set of stairs going up from beyond the television set where the roach was.  The roach is sitting on one of the lower steps, and moves off to the right to this odd little window like a cat door that I know goes down to an earthen floor basement, and all of a sudden it's so obvious to me where the roaches come from.

(I was at a friend's boyfriend's house a couple Saturdays ago and I just remembered that he had talked about how the building was over 100 years old, and the basement was tamped-down earth.)

No comments: