Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gotta clean.

The weekend after Thanksgiving I set aside to thoroughly clean my apt.

I had been getting frustrated at little things, and a lot of it was how much shit had mounted up in my apt.: paper I needed to throw out, dust everywhere, disorganized folders, etc.

Even though people said my apt. was clean when they were through there, it wasn't to me, so for sanity's sake I committed to cleaning it so I could leave vacation with a clean slate, refreshed and ready to go.

It took me 3.5 hours on Sat. and then 3 hours on Sun. to do everything I needed...

I was surprised at how long it took, but I hadn't cleaned since late August, since I had been so busy with school and then the Obama campaign.

I hadn't done laundry since then until like early Nov., either, and had finally run out of boxer shorts and re-wears (some of them were starting to smell funky), and broke down midweek and did laundry when I was working from home.

Somehow, I'm always surprised at how many papers that I read once and don't need anymore or never needed in the 1st place end up thrown around my apt., or tucked in the folders that I carry around with me.

No comments: