Thursday, November 15, 2012

Election Day (9 of 9): Volunteering recognition.

The one chief-of-staffer for one of the Wisconsin Democratic senators who was instrumental in mounting opposition to Scott Walker's policies has always been very appreciative of my volunteering in the recall races, and tells everyone how I brought up my bike on commuter rail and then would bike to the office and then bike out again to do routes and then bike back to the commuter rail at the end of the day.

"It's not that much!", I was like, "I bike all summer long, it's free to take your bike up, and it's so much more convenient that way."

She and everyone else doesn't see it that way, though, and at the watch party she introduced me to her boss and told the story (again) to him and told him that I was that guy.

He thanked me, we said a few things, and then as we both went to go and shook hands, he gave me a hug.

No comments: