Thursday, October 25, 2012

Some Wisconsin Voters (3 of 3): 3rd set.

7) My one (hispanic) friend of a friend came to volunteer, and he went up to this guy who he thought was a slightly brown (white) person, but on further thought thinks was a native American of some kind.

"Hi, I'm going door-to-door for Obama," my one (hispanic) friend of a friend was like.

"Don't worry about me," the guy was like.  "I'm for Obama all the way.  I don't want that dumb ass white guy in office."

8) The last voter on the 2nd walk pack (of canvassing) I did for the day was this older (white) guy who said he was "leaning Romney", so I started talking with him, and it came out that he was for Romney all the way... 

He said Obama went around apologizing for the U.S., if GM went bankrupt the company would have emerged from it leaner and meaner, and that with Iran, that "those people" only respect you if you show force.

He got really really worked up, and he said he had to stop.

"If you came in for a beer," he was like, "We should not talk about that, we should talk about Detroit instead."

"That's probably for the best," I was like.   "So you like the Tigers?"

He did, and we agreed that we could both hate the Yankees.

He went back to yardwork, and then I talked a bit with his wife who was standing there, and I told her how my great aunt was a nun and loved the Tigers, and would have loved the last few games, if she had been alive.

"After lights-out in the convent," I was like, "She used to sneak a transistor radio under the covers, so she could listen to the games.  She would have loved to see the Yankees get their ass handed to them on a platter."

After a short pause, I added, "Though, she wouldn't have phrased it like that."

9) At one house, 3 (African-American) girls drove up, and one needed help with voter registration, so after giving everyone fist bumps, I helped her out with that.

Then, as I was finishing up, this ripped shirtless (black) guy in his mid-20s comes out, since he heard I was giving out voter registration info and he needed some help.

Then, he took some fliers on same-day voter registration, since "he sells movies" (bootleg DVDs?) and "people have been asking how you get registered."

Since he gets up early, too, he was thinking of joining the party this past Mon. at 7:15am at the local field office, where people were going to gather and head over to the early voting location to be the 1st people to cast their votes.

No comments: