Monday, October 15, 2012

Fellow volunteers.

At school I try to wear my Obama button, which I have found endears me to many of the staff.

I had to pop into the office of the one (early 50s) (very dignified) (English-born) assistant dean, and then after I took care of some paperwork stuff she started talking about how she volunteered for Obama in Indiana back in 2008.

"They would say," she said as she always does, very slowly and deliberately and in her English accent, "'They must be in serious trouble, if they are importing help like that.'  I was forced to tell everyone that I was indeed a citizen."

She then said since Indiana isn't really competitive, she hasn't volunteered.

"There's always Iowa," I was like, "If you go on a trip."

"But that's a bit too far," she was like.

"No it's not," I was like.  "Bring your Harley to work, and 5pm Friday just hit the open road and you'll be there in no time."

No comments: