Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Debate Night! (1 of 2): Bar comment.

The one woman who preached to me and made me cry after Obama's DNC speech was at the student bar last night to watch the 2nd debate, and every once in a while she'd make a loud comment at the TV that everyone could hear, since the front room was pretty much quiet...

Me and my friends and a friend's aging hippie mother were at a table like 10 feet away from her, and so we could hear her too.

When Romney said straight out that he supported a woman's right to contraception, she was like, "Oh oh oh, he just stepped on his dick."

At that me and my one friend with the aging hippie mother looked at each other, like, "What?".

Later, someone said that they heard her say, "He just stepped on his neck."

In either case, we took it to mean that Romney tripped up and produced a new soundbite that could be played against something he said the previous week.

Later, my one friend's aging hippie mother said that the anti-Islam video that caused protests across the Middle east had dropped out of the news and we still don't know enough about the people who did it.

"It's a plant," she was like.  "I'm afraid more stuff like this will come out in the next 3 weeks, they're going to be crazy."

At that, I looked at her, and she was like, "You don't believe me, but I've lived through that before, when the CIA infiltrated protests.  People don't like to think that this stuff happens."

. . .

Today, I saw my one friend who studies Czech literature and used to go to the student bar a lot, and told her about the bar comment.

"Was that [the black woman's name]?", she was like.

And it was!

No comments: