Friday, September 28, 2012

Latin Lesson Downtown!

The other week I had to be downtown in the evening for a function (actually, that sex doc), so I checked with my one lawyer student if he wanted to meet downtown for his lesson and I'd come down there whenever, instead of him coming to me after work.

That worked for him, so after suggesting Starbucks, he said to come to his office, since they had coffee and everything there and we could use a conference room.

We met on like the 7th floor of this one building downtown, and his secretary brought me a coffee in a chic little glass-and-metal cup.

Afterwards, I went back down, and went to sign out with the (early 40s) (African-American) (male) guard who I had to sign in with, and with who I had joked, since for "PURPOSE OF VISIT" I had put -

LATIN.

Anyhow, I asked him if I had to sign out, and he said no, but I did it anyways, and I put -

FINITUM 

- in the "time out" box on his form.

"I signed out in Latin!", I was like.

He laughed a lot, and picked up the board and read "fee-nee-tum", and after I joked that not too many visitors probably do that, he was like, "Heck no, I'm gonna keep that!", and laughed some more.

No comments: