Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Late night bar story: Prostitution.

So, since I had been sick last week, I had a lot of work backed up, and so Sunday I worked all day on a fellowship application, and since I needed to edit tedious article proofs and I was behind on bars, I went to the hipster neighborhood and edited proofs at 4 successive bars as I got a buzz on and changed scenery, then grabbed a nightcap at 2am at this one punkish bar that was open till 4am.

(Doing tedious work that requires concentration is nice with a buzz on; it makes you less aware of what's going on around you, so distract less easily and focus more on what's in front of you, and you also notice more things for some reason.)

Anyhow, I ended up talking with this wide-eyed (mid-20s) (white) sound engineer at the bar, who had been working all day too and was getting a nightcap, and it turns out that he had been at the bar for the 1st time too.

"I really don't know the 4am bars around here besides [name removed]," he was like, and so I told him there was that bar, the bar we were at, and a bar down the street where on weekends just random ass people who were hot messes showed up, and a lot of prostitutes.

"I haven't had many interactions with prostitutes," he was like.

Then, after a pause, he was like, "Actually, only one, it was a handjob with a happy ending."

Then, he told me that he was in Tennessee working a music festival, and they put him up in this off-brand hotel in a small town a ways away from the festival site, and one night he was really fucked up around midnight sitting out by the pool when this older (mid-50s) (white) woman comes by and asks him if he wants a massage.

"No way," I was like.  "And you didn't think that was odd?".

"I was kind of fucked up," he was like, "All I was thinking was how nice a massage would be."  Then he said he had had massages before, and they were pretty nice.

The next thing he knew, he was going with the woman to a room in the hotel, and she opened the door and her two (mid-20s) daughters were there, and the way the room was set up, you could tell it was kind of a family business, and as one daughter wandered off, the other sat idly around, and the mom began giving him a massage.

"Then she got some oil and reached down, and gave me the most awkward and oily handjob of my life, while her daughter watched," he was like.  "That's really what it was, weird and oily. I just sat there and didn't really know what was happening, and I felt so weird.  I got off but I didn't even care, I got up and left and I just felt weird."

No comments: