Friday, June 29, 2012

Musical premiere.

The other weekend I went to a downtown classical music program.

On the program was some misc. music, including Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks, and then the premiere of this piece for the 50th anniversary of the festival chorus.

After the festival chorus piece ended, I chit-chatted with the (middle-aged) (white) woman next to me, and she found it pleasant, but said it "wouldn't age well", esp. since it was city-themed.

When I was unlocking my bike, I ran into the one classical philosophy professor from school who I always see at the concerts, and I asked her what she thought of the concert, and when she said she enjoyed the new chorus piece that had been premiered, I said I didn't care for it much, and she was like, "Well, it wasn't heavy duty, but then, neither was the Handel," and giggled.

No comments: