Saturday, March 10, 2012

More from my mom on politics (1 of 2): Birth control.

My mom was really really disgusted by what Rush Limbaugh said about that one (female) Georgetown law student who testified re: birth control, and ticked at Mitt Romney for not directly condemning what Limbaugh said.

Conversely, she was very very impressed by how Obama handled everything, and called the girl personally. She liked how he said that her parents should be proud, and that he has daughters and doesn't like to see them attacked (which actually irked me; I found those comments kind of paternalistic).

I pressed my mom a bit, and she admitted that birth control "isn't her issue", but she never thought she'd see it questioned again during her lifetime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is shocking to many women who thought this fight was over.

el blogador said...

It really is. I didn't expect to see so many people energized by this, though, to tell you the truth.

I wonder if younger women are as energized.