Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winebars!

The other weekend I was at a winebar with my one (light-skinned) (black) from Arkansas. It was this place with lots of glass and light wood and a huge display case of European-looking cheeses, and tons of couples there, with all the guys leaning in and putting their arms around the women's seats.

My friend wasn't sure what to order, so the wine guy was like, "Here, try this, it's rowdy on the nose," and pulled out a glass and poured it in and shoved it at her.

I started laughing so much it was all I could do to hold it in, and I flashed back to years ago going out to a winebar downtown with my one Dutch friend, and the short (Mexican) bartender saying some description like that, only having to do with trees and minerals and fruits, and my friend was like, "Eh, do you really believe what you say?", and at that the guy just darted his eyes to the side, grimaced sheepishly, and shrugged.

No comments: