Monday, January 23, 2012

odd dream.

I dreamt this the other night -

I was walking up a hill in sparsely wooded, late afternoon Michigan forest, and came upon a paved road. I was going to meet a professor who's on my committee and another student, since we were going to have a the first day of a private class together.

Just as I had passed over the road into a small adjoining half-circular meadow abutting the road, I saw 2 sun-bleached mountain lions padding by, going the opposite direction, and I went on to the forest on the opposite side.

At some point, I see 2 Bigfoots on the opposite side of the meadow, and they turn and look at me as they walk the opposite direction, and I don't know if I see them before or after the mountain lions.

In the forest there's a house, and I'm in there and I know that I have to wait there until the class starts, and I know the the prof and the other student will want to re-focus the class on the recent Bigfoot sightings, but that is a bad idea, and I shouldn't tell them about what I saw.

It's night, then, and there's a glass room at the end of the house, and I go there to practice double bass by the light of the moon. As I get ready to play, I see two smallish tyrannosaurus rexes creeping up the opposite hill in the moonlight, and I set down my bass quietly and creep away to hide.

I don't want to sleep on the ground floor for fear of the dinosaurs, and I go up the stairs very quietly, afraid they'll burst through the open windows, and then I pass up the 2nd floor for fear it's still too vulnerable, so I go to the 3rd floor and find an empty bedroom, and I take the two mattresses on the floor and stack them together over me so I'm safe from the dinosaurs, and any mountain lions that may attack, and I go to sleep realizing they might get on top of the mattresses, but they couldn't get to me.

In the morning I wake up and I go down to the first floor to the kitchen, and there's a girl there making breakfast, and it turns out she lived there and had chosen to spend the night on the 3rd floor as well for fear of the dinosaurs, and I remembered that there had been a door across the hall that was closed, and I realized that that was where she must have been sleeping.

I was suddenly swept with this fear that the house was evil, and I go up the stairs and my luggage (?) is scattered out the door and into the hallway by Satanic forces.

I pack up and go down the stairs, and in the entryway the ceiling tiles are dropping off from this heavy heavy moisture condensing through the ceiling, and I know that the house is really evil, and the sightings of all the animals are connected, and I see a vision of my professor and the other student looking at a big footprint in bare earth between some moss and ferns, and I know that they shouldn't be obsessed with that.

I go out the door and leave.

No comments: