Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sink fixed, but nauseating results.

They had to take out the pipe from below my kitchen sink to repair it. I don't know what the problem was, but when he was setting out to start looking at the problem and he noted the coffee grounds floating in the backed-up sink, the apt. building maintenance man told me not to put any coffee grounds down the sink anymore (? - I've done that at all the other apartments I've lived, and never had any problem).

So, now I throw coffee grounds into the toilet, like my maintenance man told me.

Only, it makes me sick for some reason, to flip open the toilet lid and knock in against the rim the block of grounds from my stove-top espresso maker, and then see this big block of grounds just floating and dissolving in the toilet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Throw the coffee grinds in your trash. The grinds will absorb bad smells as they dry out and do a second job for you.

Anonymous said...

Or you could compost them.