Saturday, March 26, 2011

Good music.

So, the other week I went to the undergrad coffee shop, and they had that one Supremes (and someone else) song "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" playing, and after I sat down and had my lunch and went up to get some coffee, I complimented the (white) undergrad cashier girl on the music (some other Motown had followed the Supremes, then they went back to "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me").

"What great music you have!", I was like. "Is this somebody's mix tape or something?"

At that, she just looked at me.

"Or do you mix it off i-Tunes or something? Can you even do that, and burn it off a CD or something?," I was like.

"Yeah," she was, but she still looked hesitant at my mention of the CD, and when I asked her about it, she said she didn't have CDs at all, she just got music free off of the internet, since you could do that if you knew where to look, and not get many computer viruses if you were careful.

"Gotcha," I was like.

Then, I was like, "Just so you know, I was around for Napster. You heard of that?"

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

That's the Temptations and the Supremes! And the Temptations sounded pretty damn good singing it alone.

JUSIPER said...

That's a great story.

Anonymous said...

Starting to feel a little old? Because that exchange made me feel like a great grandmother. I loved the Temps.