Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Wisconsin Odyssey (IV of IV): Good Eating.

Whenever I am in Wisconsin, I am always impressed with how good eating everything is. They have so many microbrews, and great cheese and meats, and there's tons of "farm to table" programs at every little restaurant and posters up at coffee shops for it if you want home delivery...

Overall, though, I was a little bummed about the protest. Midway through I got separated from my friend from high school and her friend/coworker, and I was near a non-talkative bunch of people for the duration of the talks (the only people who talked was this old [white] woman to her daughter, saying she had to move because she couldn't stand to watch the people climbing a tree in front of her, because she just knew they were going to fall and crack their head open; them, and these 2 [white] women who were saying that some Republican senator had called the protesters long-haired hippies, and were joking that they fit the description, but not me!). My friend and her friend/coworker were near a bunch of talkative hippies, though, so I think I missed out on getting to know the locals.

Oh well, I was still there to show my support.

No comments: